Wednesday, 25 May 2011 21:08
| PROFILE OF THE MINISTER|
- Sri.K.M Mani (Karingozhakkal Mani Mani) was born as the son of Sri.Thomas Mani and Smt.Aleyamma Mani on 30th January 1933 at Marangattupalli near Pala
- Participated in the freedom struggle while a student
- Wife - Smt.Annamma Mani
- Children - 1 Son (Sri.Jose K.Mani M P) and 5 Daughters
- Was an Advocate before entering into politics
- Presented the maximum number of Eleven (11) Budgets in the Kerala Legislative Assembly as Finance Minister.
- The longest serving member of Kerala Legislative Assembly.
- The longest serving Minister in the Government of Kerala.
- Continuously represented Pala Legislative constituency for the last 45 years from 1965.
- Elected from the same constituency in 12 elections continuously
- Previously elected to Kerala Legislative Assembly in 1965,1967,1970,1977,1980,1982,1987,1991,1996,2001 & 2006
- Author of -
- Fiscal Problems of Kerala-Causes and Remedial Measures
- The People's Socialism
- The Eighth Five Year Plan-An alternative approach
- Toiling Class Doctrine
- The fall of Marxist Doctrines & Reconstruction of Democracy
- Constitutional Changes and the special Parliament
- The Economic Development of Kerala
- Guidelines for Agricultural Development
- The welfare of People & People's Right
- The Toiling Class Theory & political and Economic Studies
- India and Globalisation -Asian Economic Community ;Need of the Day (Paper presented at a National Seminar at New Delhi)
- Indian Agricultural Scene-Liabilities and Possibilities in the context of the Global Economy.
- Minister for Finance,Govt. of Kerala December 1975 to March 1977
- Minister for Home Affairs,Govt. of Kerala April 1977 to December 1977
- Minister for Home Affairs,Govt.of Kerala September 1978 to October 1979
- Minister for Finance & Law,Govt. of Kerala January 1980 to October 1981
- Minister for Finance & Law,Govt. of Kerala December 1981 to March 1982
- Minister for Finance & Law,Govt. of Kerala May 1982 to May 1986
- Minister for Irrigation & Law,Govt. of Kerala May 1986 to March1987
- Minister for Revenue & Law,Govt. of Kerala June 1991 to May 1996
- Minister for Revenue & Law,Govt. of Kerala May 2001 to May 2006
- Minister for Finance & Law,Govt. of Kerala May 2011 - Continuing
- Was Member, State Planning Board
- Was Chairman, State Law Reforms Committee
- United States of America,United Arab Emirates,Kingdom of Bahrain,Kuwait,Hongkong, Japan,UnitedKingdom,France,Denmark,Norway,Egypt,Germany,Kenya,Italy,Rome,Nepal,Canada,China and Singapore
Last Updated on Friday, 15 March 2013 16:31